Scholarships and Funding for Latin Teachers
Department of Classics, University of Florida
Since our distance-learning students are Latin teachers, the Department of Classics is able to offer a much-reduced tuition rate for out-of-state distance-learning students. This tuition rate is only slightly more than the rate for in-state students. Many school boards and states will also help reimburse tuition costs.
UF may offer a few dissertation fellowships for which distance students are eligible to apply. Please see the Distance Director for details.
Financial Aid at UF
Financial Aid is available for half-time UF students (a minimum of six credits each semester in the Fall and Spring, three in the summer). Please see the UF Student Financial Affairs site for graduate students for more information.
American Classical League Scholarships
- For Summer Study ($150-$1500): Arthur McKinlay Scholarship
- Study and Resources ($250-1000) Ed Phinney Commemorative Scholarship
- For Study Any Semester ($500): Maureen O’Donnell Teacher Training Scholarship
- For Attendance at ACL Institute (registration, room and board): Glen Knudsvig Memorial Scholarship
Classical Association of the Middle West and South
- For Study at the American School of Classical Studies in Athens ($2500) or at the American Academy in Rome ($2500) or for Travel to a Destination of One’s Choice ($1500): Grant, Semple and Benario Awards.
- For Work on Teaching Certification ($700) or Travel to the CAMWS Annual Meeting ($700): Manson A. Stewart Teacher Training and Travel Awards.
Classical Association of Florida
For Summer Travel ($2000): Geraldine Hodges Travel Scholarship (for Latin teachers in the state of Florida). For further information, contact Alan Blessing, Northeast High School, 630 31st Street North, St. Petersburg FL 33713-6612, Tel. 727.327.6054.